Auction Bidding Venues/Mediums: Floor, Internet, Telephone & Absentee.
1. SHIPPING: By appointment, items may be picked up in-person at Centurion's Tallahassee Gallery. Items requiring shipment will be shipped by Centurion's in-house shipping department. Please allow up to 14 business days after receipt of cleared payment for your purchases to ship. Once shipped, Buyers receive their shipment tracking information by email. Non-Firearms Domestic shipments are sent via USPS, FedEx or UPS. International shipments are sent USPS Express Mail International. Firearm shipments are sent by FedEx. All Domestic shipments will include mandatory insurance and tracking / delivery confirmation. International shipments cannot be insured and are sent at the buyer's risk. Centurion must be notified of Shipping Claims, Damage or Loss within 7 days of receipt. Centurion Auctions assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged items received through shipment. All shipping damage / loss claims MUST be processed and resolved through the organization by which they were shipped or insured. Absolutely no refunds or claims may be submitted beyond 7 days of receiving a shipment. LOCAL PICKUP: Buyers are allowed to pick their items up in person at: 2490 Centerville Rd., Tallahassee FL 32308. All local pickups are by appointment and must take place within 15 days of the auction.
2. LOTS: Accurate descriptions are provided for each individually described item in the auction on a best effort basis and are not intended to be definitive scholarly works or appraisals. Conditions provided are only the opinion of the auction house. The bidder is ultimately responsible for determining the condition of a lot. Unless otherwise described, single item lots are guaranteed authentic. If a guaranteed item is deemed "not" to be authentic by a panel of 3 competent authorities or at the discretion of the Auctioneer, a full refund of the purchase price and buyers premium shall be the limit of liability of the auction company and or its representatives. All Returns must be pre-authorized and made within 10 days of receipt of purchase. All guarantees are void beyond 10 days of receipt of your purchase, or if an item has been tampered with, enhanced, altered, damaged or removed from original mounting. Lots of MORE THAN A SINGLE ITEM of any product are intended as "dealer" lots. Lots of more than a single item are sold 'as is, where is ' absolutely no exceptions, warranties or guarantees', and the ultimate determination as to authenticity and condition is the responsibility of the bidder. The placing of a bid will be taken as full agreement to all terms & conditions. The auction house has the right to withdraw any lot. Auctioneer reserves the right to cancel / nullify the sale of any lot sold through auction.
3. ABSENTEE BIDDING: Absentee Bidding is used by those who cannot attend the auction in person. Absentee bids may be submitted via email, our website, Internet bidding websites, mail or fax. Absentee bidders agree to all terms and conditions. In terms of a tie bid between an absentee bidder and the auction floor, the auction floor will win said item at their amount bid.
4. TELEPHONE BIDDERS: All telephone bids must be submitted no less than 24 hours prior to auction. Telephone bids may be submitted via email, our website, mail or fax. Telephone Bidders must be willing to bid at least the minimum opening bid of the lot.
5. BIDDING: The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. Once a bid is announced 'sold', the high bidder has purchased the lot. In executing a bid, the bidder is agreeing to purchase the lot. All sales are binding and final.
6. BUYERS PREMIUM: A buyer's premium of 20% applies to all bids. Buyer's premium is added to the hammer price of each lot. According to Florida law, the Buyer's Premium is considered a component of the purchase price, and is therefore subject to state and local sales tax.
7. PAYMENT: We do not auto-bill credit cards used in the registration process. All bidders, regardless of venue by which they bid, are required to pay within 7 days of auction. Accepted forms of payment are cash, check, bank wire, MasterCard & Visa. **Centurion Auctions Reserves The Right To Require Payment By Bank Wire or Check**. If payment is not received with 7 days, the auction house has the right to deem the sale "null & void" and a non-paying bidder claim will be left. We reserve the right to verify funds on personal checks. A $35 fee will apply to all returned checks. The full purchase price on all lots sold to the same buyer must be paid before removal of any of the items.
8. SALES TAX: Florida residents and Auction Floor bidders are required to pay applicable Florida state and local sales tax on all taxable items purchased. Tax exempt bidders must have a current copy of a Sales Tax ID / Re-Sale Certificate on file.
9. RESERVE: In an instance of a reserve, the auctioneer will announce the lot being sold as 'having a reserve'. The reserve will never be greater than the low estimate. If a lot is offered with a reserve, we may implement that reserve by bidding on behalf of the consignor to the amount necessary to achieve the reserve price. This bidding will not constitute opening bidding. If no opening bid is received, we will pass the item. However once bidding is opened the auctioneer will bid on behalf of the consignor to reach the reserve price.
10. IDENTIFICATION: All purchasers are required to complete registration, including Full Name, Address, Phone, Email, Signature and Drivers License Number. Those not willing to disclose this information cannot take part in the auction. PLEASE MAKE SURE ALL INFORMATION IS ACCURATE & UP TO DATE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION. Centurion Auctions is not responsible for any delays or losses due to false or incorrect information provided at the time of registration.
11. AUCTIONEER: The bidding advances shall be regulated by the auctioneer and shall be at his discretion. The auctioneer reserves the right to determine the opening bid / minimum bid on any lot. The auctioneer reserves the right to pass / no sale any lot. The auctioneer may reject nominal bids, small opening bids or very nominal advances made with the purpose of disparaging an item. Once a lot has been passed and not sold it will not be re-offered until a later sale. Items which are not reserved are sold at the auctioneer's discretion. The auctioneer has the right to refuse any bid. The Auctioneer reserves the right to execute absentee bids on behalf of clients and vendors, but shall not be liable for errors or omissions in executing instructions to bid. The auctioneer acts as agent only, and shall not be liable for any default of the purchaser or vendor.
12. BID INCREMENTS: All bids, including absentee and Internet must be on increment. The auctioneer reserves the right to deviate from the established increment at their discretion. Increments are as follows: $0 - 400: $10 $401 - 800: $25 $801 - 1500: $50 $1501 - 5000: $100 $5001 - 10,000: $200 $10,001 - 20,000: $250 $20,001 - 40,000: $500 $40,001 - 100,000: $1000 $100,001 - Greater: $2000
13. DISPUTE BETWEEN BIDDERS: In the event of any dispute between bidders, the auctioneer shall have the sole and final discretion to settle the dispute by either determining and awarding the lot to a bidder or passing the lot. The auctioneer's sole resolution of dispute applies to all bidding mediums.
14. CONSIGNORS: Consignors are not permitted to bid on their own items. This is called "shill bidding" and is illegal by Florida Auction Law standards. By placing your item up for auction, you have agreed to sell by the terms of the consignment agreement.
15. GENERAL TERMS & INFORMATION: Employees and associates of the auction house are permitted to purchase lots at competitive bidding under the same terms, rules and regulations as the general public. By bidding at this auction whether in person or by agent, absentee bid, telephone bid or other means, the buyer or bidder agrees that the contract created by these conditions of sale is made and performed in the County of Leon, State of Florida.
16. INTERNET BIDDING: Bidders are able to bid via the Internet. If bidding live via the Internet, please bid quickly. We auction approximately 70-90 lots per hour. If leaving absentee Internet bids, please consider leaving a reasonable bid. The Internet venue will incrementally (in accordance with standard bid increments) execute bids on bidder's behalf until your bid is either successful or exhausted. This means, if you leave an Internet absentee bid of $500, and the winning bid increment is $350, your winning bid is $350. Internet bidders may be required to agree to additional terms established by the Internet bidding venue. Internet bidders may be subject to a different Buyer's Premium.
17. FIREARM LAWS & TRANSFER: All Federal & State Firearms Laws Apply. All buyers of firearms subject to State and Federal law must complete the applicable transfer paperwork. State of Florida: Following Approval for Transfer - Modern handguns require a 3-day waiting period. Longarms may be removed the same day.Dealers must have in their possession on the day of sale, signed copies of their Federal Firearms License in order to accept same-day delivery of modern weapons. Prior to bidding, All out of state buyers should verify their State Laws as they pertain to modern firearms as laws vary greatly by state. Out of state buyers purchasing modern firearms must go through a Licensed Firearms Dealer within their state for transfer of modern firearm purchases. A $5.00 Transfer Fee applies to each firearm transferred to a buyer through Centurion Auctions.
18. CLASS 3 FIREARMS. All firearms designated as NFA / Class 3 must be registered in compliance with the NFA registry. A $200 federal tax payment is required each time a functional NFA firearm is transferred to or from a private owner. This fee, as well as the Total Invoice Amount is due at the time of purchase and must be paid prior to processing the necessary transfer paperwork. The buyer of the Class 3 firearm will be required to complete 3 forms: 1) ATF Form 4, 2) fingerprint card, and 3) ATF form 5330.20 Certificate of Compliance. These forms will be provided to you by Centurion Auctions. Note: if state or local law requires a permit or license to purchase, possess, or receive NFA firearms, a copy of the transferee's (buyer) permit or license must accompany the application. Centurion Auctions then mails the paperwork for the Federal Transfer Tax to BATFE. The BATFE can take up to 120 days or more for approval. Centurion Auctions will receive back one of the Form 4's (they are sent in duplicate) with a Federal Tax Stamp attached to it. This is given to the new owner when picking up the NFA firearm. No further tax is due. The following states known not allow individuals to own machine guns: California, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, Washington D.C. and Washington. Although we have provided this list and it is believed accurate, do not bid unless you are certain laws in your State allow ownership of Class 3 NFA Firearms. SPECIAL NOTE: If you are a Class 3 SOT (Special Occupation Tax) payer (Dealer in Class 3 Weapons) you are able to transfer functional NFA firearms to or from other SOT payers and government agencies with BATFE approval, but without having to pay a transfer tax. Centurion Auctions makes no warranties or representations that the above-mentioned forms, fees, licenses, states, and/or approvals will be sufficient for you to own or use your purchased firearm(s). Consult with your federal, state, and local laws, law enforcement personnel, or legal counsel to make sure you may legally own, possess, or use the purchased firearm(s) and that all fees, licenses and approvals are completed. It is your specific responsibility to determine your right to own and possess a Class III weapon before you bid on it. Successful bidders are responsible for payment of the lot, regardless of whether you can ultimately own it or not. If you have purchased a lot and later come to find that because of the state you live in or for other reasons that you cannot personally own the lot, you will still be required to pay for the lot and Centurion Auctions will sell it for you again at a future sale.
ALL BIDDERS MUST AGREE TO TERMS OF SALE.