|Estimate||2,700.00 - 5,000.00 USD|
|Group - Category|
|Lead||BATTLE OF HAMPTON ROADS MERRIMAC SILVER TOP CANE|
Fine detailed silver and stag handle commemorative cane with inscription Merrimac Sunday, March 9th, 1862. Era / Conflict: Civil War Country: US Size: 35" Condition: Very good
|Name||MILITARIA & FIREARM AUCTION | CIVIL WAR, WWI, WWII|
|Auctioneer||Centurion Auctions LLC|
|Type||Live Webcast Auction|
|Live Auction Begins: Sunday, October 11th at 1pm Eastern.|
|Preview Date/Time||Friday, October 9th: 12noon - 5pm
Saturday, October 10th: 12noon - 4pm
Sunday, October 11th (Sale Day): 11am - End of the auction
|Checkout Date/Time||Buyers will receive their invoice by email within 24 hours of the auction. The email will have the invoice attached and payment instructions in the body. Please do not contact the gallery until you receive your invoice by email.|
|Location|| 2811 Capital Circle NE
Tallahassee, FL 32308
|Buyer Premium||21% Buyer Fee | 18% cash, check|
Fall 2015 Militaria & Firearm Auction - 700 lots of militaria, edged weapons, swords, bayonets, uniforms, patches, medals, equipment, porcelain, pistols, revolvers, rifles, percussion, flintlocks, ammunition and militaria & firearm collections of all eras, countries & conflicts.
Conflicts include: Revolutionary War, Civil War, Indian Wars, WWI, WWII & Vietnam.
Countries / Nationalities include: United States (U.S., Confederate, Union), British, German, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, Chinese & French
Firearms: Antique to modern, both civilian and military. Firearm manufacturers include Colt, Remington, Smith & Wesson, Glock, Kimber, Mauser, Thompson, Winchester, H&R, Rohm, Ruger, Taurus, Mauser, Keltec, Walther, Savage, Ithaca, Enfield, Norinco, Springfield, DWM, Alexander Henry, FN Browning, Astra, Shansei, Husqvarna, Llama, Iver Johnson, Hi Standard, Henry, Marlin, Mossberg, US Postal Meter, Inland, Newton Arms, DPMS Panther Arms, Rock-ola, Smith Corona, Stevens, Sharps, Eli Whitney, Krieghoff, Benelli, Richland Arms, and Hi-Standard.
Sale News Releases & Highlights:
- Consignments from the Estate of Wilton Persons, Chief of Staff to President Eisenhower
- Consignments from the Estate of Edwin F. Hendrickson (December 29, 1910 - December 18, 2001), who served in WWII as an Artillery Officer with the First Infantry Division in campaigns in North Africa and Sicily and landed on Omaha Beach during the Normandy Invasion
- German WWII Porcelain Collection of E. Strother, who spent decades passionately collecting, studying, and cataloging all types and makes of German WWII Porcelain
- Broomhandle Collection of a Private Florida Estate, to include Mauser, Astra & Shansei - Rare WWII German NSDAP Deutschland Erwache Standard recovered in the Munich area between 1945 and 1946 as part of the routine duties of Sergeant Gerald Caminer assigned as an interrogator/agent for the Counterintelligence Corp of the US Army 970th CIC Detachment Region IV. The banner and a few other possessions were taken from German Army Colonel Johannes-Rudolph Muhlenkamp as part of Operation Rusty and ongoing prisoner interviews
- Militaria Collection of Robert D. Mitchell: Retired U.S. Army Cobra & Apache Helicopter Pilot, Author of numerous collecting articles and papers, appeared in television documentaries, as well as provided Subject Matter Expertise. He is currently the Curator of the Army Aviation museum responsible for the historic collection of the Army Aviation Branch. His collection spans the military history of the 20th C.
- Nick Luetzow Firearm Collection
|Bid Amount||Bid Increment|
|0.00 - 399.00||10.00 USD|
|399.01 - 799.00||25.00 USD|
|799.01 - 1,499.00||50.00 USD|
|1,499.01 - 4,999.00||100.00 USD|
|4,999.01 - 9,999.00||200.00 USD|
|9,999.01 - 19,999.00||250.00 USD|
|19,999.01 - 39,999.00||500.00 USD|
|39,999.01 - 99,999.00||1,000.00 USD|
|99,999.01 - 9,999,999.99||2,000.00 USD|
|Buyer Premium||21% Buyer Fee | 18% cash, check|
We do not auto-bill cards used in the registration process of the online platforms.
All bidders, regardless of venue by which they bid, are required to pay within 7 days of auction. Accepted forms of payment are cash, check, bank wire, MasterCard & Visa. **Centurion Auctions Reserves The Right To Require Payment By Bank Wire or Check**. If payment is not received with 7 days, the auction house has the right to deem the sale "null & void" and a non-paying bidder claim will be left. We reserve the right to verify funds on personal checks. A $35 fee will apply to all returned checks. The full purchase price on all lots sold to the same buyer must be paid before removal of any of the items. Florida residents and Auction Floor bidders are required to pay applicable Florida state and local sales tax on all taxable items purchased - Leon County Florida 7.5%. Tax exempt bidders must have a current copy of a Sales Tax ID / Re-Sale Certificate on file.